From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Tools Layout (was Re: DistCpV2 in 0.23)
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 01:38:13 GMT
Option #2 proposed by Amareshwari, seems like a better proposal.  We don't want to repeat history
for contrib again with hadoop-tools.  Having a generic module like hadoop-tools increases
the risk of accumulate dead code.  It would be better to categorize the hdfs or mapreduce
specific tools in their respected subcategories.  It is also easier to manage from package/deployment
prospective.

regards,
Eric

On Sep 6, 2011, at 4:32 PM, Eli Collins wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 6, 2011, at 9:30 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:
>>> We still need to answer Amareshwari's question (2) she asked some time back
>>> about the automated code compilation and test execution of the tools module.

>>        I'm still waiting for this answer as well.
>>
>>        Until such, I would be pretty much against a tools module.  Changing the name
of the dumping ground doesn't make it any less of a dumping ground.