From Hyunsik Choi <hyun...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adaptive resource assignment is possible in MRv2?
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 04:37:40 GMT
I'm sorry for my poor English. I correct some English errors, and I post as
follows:

----
MRv2 looks very promising for various applications. We have considered
an application based on Yarn, but this app requires the adaptive
resource assignment. In other words, this app may need additional
resources while this app is running. Is it possible?

I looked at some code, especially YARNRunner, ResourceMgrDelegate,
and ClientRMProtocol. In these classes, an application seems to be
submitted with necessary resource capacity description.
So, adaptive resource assignment is impossible?