From Praveen Sripati <praveensrip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MRv2 Configuration in Eclipse
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2011 17:10:18 GMT
Hi,

I am able to run the RM, NM and HS from Eclipse with a couple of settings
and run the org.apache.hadoop.examples.RandomWriter from command
promptusing the 'hadoop jar' command. Would be nice for easier
development and
debugging of these components.

But, when I run the org.apache.hadoop.examples.RandomWriter from Eclipse, I
get the below exceptions. I created a new Java project in Eclipse and copied
the RandomWriter.java to it. This exception is getting repeated map number
of times, looks like the error is thrown for every map launch.

Not sure what this error means, any help is appreciated.

2011-08-13 21:44:35,785 INFO  mapreduce.Job (Job.java:printTaskEvents(1213))
- Task Id : attempt_1313250752016_0003_m_000001_2, Status : FAILED
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hadoop.examples.RandomWriter$RandomMapper
    at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1179)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.JobContextImpl.getMapperClass(JobContextImpl.java:180)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:640)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:148)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1135)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:143)
org.apache.hadoop.examples.RandomWriter$RandomMapper
    at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClassByName(Configuration.java:1125)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1177)
    ... 8 more

Thanks,
Praveen