From Matt Foley <mfo...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Picking up local common changes in mr
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 23:35:13 GMT
Since we put all the effort into "un-splitting" the components, shouldn't we
have a switch
that causes, eg, the MAPREDUCE build to pick up artifacts from COMMON and
HDFS builds
in specified sibling directories, without using m2 as an intermediary?

Of course it should respect dependencies (via maven) so that if HDFS source
has been modified,
the HDFS artifacts will also be rebuilt before MAPREDUCE uses them :-)

--Matt