From Vinod KV <vino...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Commits to MR-279 branch
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:34:17 GMT

Hey all,

I am in the process of figuring out all the stuff that is need for
successfully merging MR-279 to trunk. I am doing this off-line in
parallel so that we are ready when other minor issues are being fixed.

Right now I am practicing in a private branch that is updated with trunk
code and using modified/updated script that Arun uploaded on MR-279 JIRA
issue. I now have a version which compiles both yarn+MR (mvn clean
install) and classic run-time (ant jar jar-test binary), yay!

This is a bit of a big merge, and in particular any changes to
hadoop-mapreduce-client-core module in the MR-279 branch will affect my
private merge branch.

So I request you to be judicious with your commits to MR-279 branch for
4-5 days. In fact, I'd be pleased if you can flag to me any commits that
change hadoop-mapreduce-client-core in the MR-279 branch so that I can
update my private merge branch correspondingly.

Thanks for the help,
+Vinod