From Jim Falgout <jim.falg...@pervasive.com>
Subject RE: which Eclipse plugin to use for Maven?
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 17:44:40 GMT
Ahh, thanks. I was thinking back to pre-merge when you had to run "ant eclipsefiles" since
the source directories were spread everywhere.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Evans [mailto:evans@yahoo-inc.com]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 12:38 PM
To: mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: which Eclipse plugin to use for Maven?

Jim,

The m2 plugin replaces the normal eclipse build system with maven.  If you want to use M2
then you don't need to run mvn eclipse:eclipse at all.  What mvn eclipse:eclipse does is it
generates source code, and produces a .project and .classpath so that eclipse can use it's
normal build system not work.  The two approaches are not really compatible with each other.

--Bobby