From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: MR1 next steps
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:31:35 GMT
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 12:32 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> On Jul 13, 2011, at 12:30 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>

>> On Jul 7, 2011, at 9:58 AM, Eli Collins wrote:
>>

>>> I think #2 makes the most sense. From a developer perspective, MR2 is
>>> good stuff, there's no need for us to maintain two implementations in
>>> trunk/23 since we're already maintaining MR1 in the current releases.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Anyone feel otherwise?
>>

> If we reach consensus, I can do this as part of merging MR-279 into trunk - which (see
the email I sent out on merging) is a couple of weeks away.

Combining with the MR2 merge makes sense to me.

Aside from o.a.h.m.server, what would be removed? Seems like parts of
src/contrib no longer apply  (eg fs scheduler)  and others (gridmix,
raid) should be able to continue to work.

Thanks,
Eli