From Keren Ouaknine <ker...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Measuring time in a Hadoop MapReduce job.
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 09:12:35 GMT
Hello Amit,

There are several ways, the one I am currently using for measurements is
based on the job history file.
This file has a line for each event, thus the last map event (indicating on
the completion of the map task) would be the last record in time with both
string "MAP" and "TASK_FINISHED". Similarly for the last reduce event: look
for the last record in time with both string "REDUCE" and "TASK_FINISHED".

If you find a better way, please update me!

Thanks,
Keren

--
Keren Ouaknine