From Ravi Teja <ravit...@huawei.com>
Subject Reg ChainReducer usage
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 10:25:45 GMT
Hi,

I Had some queries in the usage of the ChainReducer .

1)Only one reducer can be set. If we try to set the second reducer to the
chain, IllegalArgumentException will be thrown. Then why is it a
chainreducer ?

2)We have a option chain.reducer.byValue where in, it will decide whether
the key value pair can be passed or not to the next Mapper/Reducer.
But why is this property significant, as only reducer is called at last in
the chain, no matter whatever the order is in the chain and there is nothing
to pass to.

Regards,
Ravi Teja

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is