From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Re-Scheduling of a failed task
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:25:31 GMT
Sudharsan,

You can use mapreduce-user@ alias for all usage discussions. The -dev
list is for MapReduce project development.

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Sudharsan Sampath
<sudharsan.sampath@ericsson.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing an issue that one of my map tasks fail in a map only job and its not rescheduled
and the job hangs indefinitely.

Do you happen to see any helpful logs on the Task, the TaskTracker or
the JobTracker?

> Could someone throw in a starter on where the logic to reschedule the failed tasks happen.

It happens in the scheduler, once the task is reported and marked
failed and added to the failed TIPs queue for rescheduling (as long as
it has not exhausted the retry limit).

--
Harsh J