From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: wordcount example
Date Sun, 15 May 2011 04:49:44 GMT
Hello Areti,
Moving this discussion to mapreduce-user lists since it is a user
query and not an MR project development discussion. Bcc'd
mapreduce-dev@.
On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Areti Bisioti <aretidec10@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have installed hadoop 0.19 and I’m trying to run a simple wordcount example. After
compling the class I copy the generated jar at the hadoop directory. I’m also using eclipse
and cygwin because I have windows 7. But something is going wrong. I have the following message
in the client

First off, do not use 0.19 unless it is necessary that you do.
Assuming you're starting out now, use one of the 0.20 releases, they
are far more stable.

> And the following in the jobtracker

Whatever it was you'd posted for logs/messages (image?), it did not
show up on the list. Either paste the stacktraces/messages/logs in a
paste site like github gist, pastebin, etc. and post a link here, or
paste it directly into the mail as plaintext.

--
Harsh J