From Arun C Murthy <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Developing on MAPREDUCE-279
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 07:14:37 GMT
Folks,

On Mar 21, 2011, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>   We are very happy to have pushed MR-279 to the MR-279 dev-branch
> where we look forward to collaborating with everyone.
>
>   This work is only partially complete. We plan to continue its
> development in the branch and do so in an aggressive manner - we want
> to get it done!

Just thought I'd give a heads up.
Things are progressing really well on MR-279 - all of the major
features we planned for are complete and checked-in; and  we are
currently in a developer-testing phase. We would love for more eyes an
feedback.
We have put up some test plans at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/NextGenMapReduceDevTesting

.
I've been asked for some more docs offline and I'll get some of it on
the MAPREDUCE-279 jira soon (hopefully tmrw).
thanks,
Arun