From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop-Mapreduce-trunk-Commit - Build # 621 - Still Failing
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 01:21:08 GMT
On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Greg Roelofs <roelofs@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> [general@ moved to Bcc; this seems like a pure dev issue now.]
Good call.

> If the hypothetical "rm -rf" can be found, perhaps simply changing it to
> nuke only ~/.m2/repository would suffice?  Or does settings.xml live below
> that?

Yea... anyone have any ideas which build might be rming it?

> Restoring it as one of the first steps of a Hudson build is probably the
> best approach, though (especially if it's restored from svn or somewhere
> with change-history).

The issue with putting it somewhere with change history is that it
needs to be private, since it contains a password. So, if we move it
to a private part of the SVN, then we have a bootstrapping problem of
where to keep the authentication for SVN :)

For now, how about we put it in
/homes/hudson/hadoop-ci-maven-settings.xml or something, not
versioned, and then add a bit to the nightly build script that cps it
into place?

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon