From Harsh J <qwertyman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can MR make error response Immediately?
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:30:28 GMT
Hello,

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Denny Ye <dennyy99@gmail.com> wrote:
>        1. JobSubmitter checking output for each job. MapReduce makes rule
> to limit that each job output must be not exist to avoid fault overwrite. In
> my opinion, MR should verify output at the point of client submitting.
> Actually, it copies related files to specified target and then, doing the
> verifying.

A good catch I think. We shouldn't really try to populate the job
cache before validating all we can from the configuration-side. Since
both operations happen after receiving the tokens, it is alright to
switch them to the right order (or maybe another good look overall
should help). Could you please open a JIRA on this at
https://issues.apache.org and link back in this thread?

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com