From Arun C Murthy <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Developing on MAPREDUCE-279
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 18:30:17 GMT
Folks,

  We are very happy to have pushed MR-279 to the MR-279 dev-branch
where we look forward to collaborating with everyone.

  This work is only partially complete. We plan to continue its
development in the branch and do so in an aggressive manner - we want
to get it done!

  Since it's a dev branch you will see us push aggressively and do a
large number of commits, even daily. This is commit then review on the
branch (e.g. see 'When to Commit a Change' in http://httpd.apache.org/dev/guidelines.html)

.

  We plan to use more of mapreduce-dev@/wiki and less of jira to
coordinate. We'll send out email statuses to allow everyone to track,
maybe even use the wiki to maintain todo lists. We'll learn as it
goes, make changes to the dev process as appropriate.

  Everyone is welcome to contribute, we'd love that! Just be aware
we'll be moving fast. Thus, you'll need to watch the branch. Please
shout out if you are interested in specific areas to let others know;
they could be anything - dev, code-reviews, build, docs, qa etc.

  The horses for specific courses as you contribute:
  # MapReduce ApplicationMaster - Sharad & Vinod
     * Availability - Sharad
  # RM - Arun & Mahadev
    * Scheduler - Arun & Mahadev
    * ApplicationsManager & Availability - Mahadev
  # NodeManager - Chris & Vinod
  # Security - Vinod

thanks,
Arun