From Gopikannan Venugopalsamy <gven...@ncsu.edu>
Subject Requesting for a mentor (Hadoop)
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 23:37:09 GMT
Hi,
   I am doing my masters in computer sceince. I am new to hadoop.I
would like to subscribe myself to this project and also I would like
to contribute to this issue hadoop mapreduce/mapreduce-2257

    Name: Gopikannan Venugopalsamy

    Project:distcpy can blocks in parallel

   Name of mentor: Help me find one.

  Planned start date: Any date as early as possible.

  Expected mid-term evaluation date: Let my mentor decide that. I am new
 so it will be difficult for me to say that.

End date: not sure.

Expected benefits to the Apache Community as a result of my work: I
can contribute to the code and documentation of the project.

Approximate number of hours I intend to work on the project each week
and the number of weeks I expect it to take: 30 hours/week  and 2
months.

A description of why I want to undertake this project and what I hope
to gain from it and the mentor programme:
Till now I have developed some applications using hadoop and now I
would like to contribute to the hadoop project itself. So that I could
learn more about it.

 A brief CV of my skills:
I have finished my Btech in Information Technology  with 7.71
cgpa
I am pursuing my masters in NCState University, USA gpa:3.45

I can program in C, C++, and Java.

I think this will help you find me a mentor and help me contribute to hadoop.

        Since I am totally new to this project.It would be great if
any one could give me some guidance about how to approach this issue.

Thanks,
gopi