From "Owen O'Malley" <owen.omal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Un-deprecate the old MapReduce API?
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:55:29 GMT
On the various pieces, I think:

0.20: -0 for removing the deprecation, +1 for improving the
deprecation message with links to the corresponding class.

0.21: new core api should be stable except for Job and Cluster
        new library code should be evolving
        -1 for removing the deprecation, we need to

0.22: all of the new api should be stable and the old api deprecated.

> Currently there is almost no way to write a moderately complex MR job that doesn't spew
deprecation warnings.

That is false in 0.21.

-- Owen