From Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu <amar...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Un-deprecate the old MapReduce API?
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 04:46:33 GMT
+1 for removing deprecation in 0.20.

+0 for removing deprecation in 0.21

Thanks
Amareshwari

On 4/22/10 7:25 PM, "Owen O'Malley" <owen.omalley@gmail.com> wrote:

On the various pieces, I think:

0.20: -0 for removing the deprecation, +1 for improving the
deprecation message with links to the corresponding class.

0.21: new core api should be stable except for Job and Cluster
        new library code should be evolving
        -1 for removing the deprecation, we need to

0.22: all of the new api should be stable and the old api deprecated.

> Currently there is almost no way to write a moderately complex MR job that doesn't spew
deprecation warnings.

That is false in 0.21.

-- Owen