From Jeff Zhang <zjf...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: What is the biggest problem of extremely large hadoop cluster ?
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:54:49 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeff Zhang <zjffdu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 7:49 AM
Subject: What is the biggest problem of extremely large hadoop cluster ?
To: hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org

Hi ,

I am curious to know what is the biggest problem of extremely large hadoop
cluster. What I can imagine now is the memory cost of meta data of hdfs in
name node. One solution I can think about now is to use other storage
implementation such as database to store the metadata, although it has
performance cost. Is there any other solutions or any problems of extremely
large hadoop cluster ?

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang