From Jeff Zhang <zjf...@gmail.com>
Subject Why not making InputSplit implements interface Writable ?
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2010 07:09:08 GMT
Hi all,

I look at the source code of Hadoop, and found that the InputSplit did not
implements Writable. As my understanding, InputSplit will been transfered to
each TT and then deserialized. So it should implement the Writable
interface. And I check each implementation of InputSplit, actually all the
sub-classes implement the Writable interface. So I think it would be better
to to let the abstract class InputForamt implement the Writable, then users
won't forget to implement the method write(DataOutput out) and
readFields(DataInput in) if he wants to write a customized InputSplit.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang