From psdc1978 <psdc1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How compile hadoop-0.20.1
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 22:39:46 GMT
 Hi all,

 1 - I'm trying to compile hadoop-0.20.1 but I'm facing several
errors.  Hadoop includes several subprojects, but these subprojects
are all compiled in one file called hadoop-0.20.1-core.jar. If I just
want to update the code in the MapReduce component, do I have to
compile all the project?

 2 - Why Hadoop only have one jar for all the project? For example,
MapReduce subcomponent could be inside mapreduce.jar, Common
subcomponent could be inside common.jar, HDFS subcomponent could be
inside hdfs.jar, etc.

 3 - Is there any tutorial that helps how to compile Hadoop,
especially only the MapReduce component?

 4 - Should I try to compile MapReduce in windows with Cygwin, or
should I compile inside Ubuntu?

 Thanks,

--
 Pedro