From amolan...@students.iiit.ac.in
Subject 0.20 - Getting instantiation Exception at ReflectionUtils.newInstance
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 12:34:43 GMT
Hi,

I have set up the hadoop 0.20 as mentioned at
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.0/quickstart.html

I have set up the config files as mentioned in the link. The start-all.sh
starts alright and i am able to see my task-tracker and namenode.

I may my job jar with classes for Mapper, reducer and partitioner. I have
complied my code along with hadoop core and common.cli jars.

when i run my code with command line:

aatiwari@AATIWARI-LAP /cygdrive/d/cloud/hadoop-0.20.0$ bin/hadoop jar
../sort.jar sort.Sort 2input 2output

I get the following error:

09/09/07 17:56:01 WARN mapred.JobClient: No job jar file set.  User
classes may not be found. See JobConf(Class) or JobConf#setJar(String).

java.lang.InstantiationException
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:115)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.writeNewSplits(JobClient.java:882)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJobInternal(JobClient.java:779)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.submit(Job.java:432)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.waitForCompletion(Job.java:447)
        at sort.Sort.main(Sort.java:94)
        at
        at
Caused by: java.lang.InstantiationException
        at
sun.reflect.InstantiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
(InstantiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.java:30)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.ja
va:113)
        ... 10 more

Can anyone help me with whats going wrong?

Thanks!
AMol.

believed to be clean.