From Michael Dalton <mwdal...@gmail.com>
Subject API problems with 0.20.0 Job vs. deprecated JobClient/RunningJob
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 11:21:28 GMT
Hi,

I'm having some trouble resolving an issue with the new APIs. The Job class
appears to lack a number of features when compared to the old JobClient
class. For example, I can't get the JobID of a Job (getJobID always returns
null), and I there is no function to translate a JobID into a Job object.
You could use JobClient.getJob to map a JobID to a RunningJob, however.

Is there work underway to migrate these features into the Job class? Or are
JobClient/RunningJob/etc here to stay and we just have two parallel job
object hierarchies? I assume eventually JobClient and its ilk would be
phased out with the rest of the old APIs. I wouldn't mind adding this
functionality to the Job class myself if it sounds like something that might
make its way into mainline.

Best regards,

Mike