From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: InterruptedException
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:55:45 GMT

On Aug 25, 2009, at 4:41 PM, Chris K Wensel wrote:

> It feels as if it could be wrapped inside a IOException without
> losing anything as all the methods I see this on are IO related. And
> there doesn't seem to be any special handling for this exception
> upstream, but I might be missing it.

No it can't. Arguably it should have been an undeclared exception in
Java. Since it isn't, we have to declare it. It is used for shutting
down threads and wrapping it in an IOException will cause the
incorrect behavior. A common case where that approach fails is where
an IOException causes a retry instead of killing the thread...

-- Owen