hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From John Sichi <jsi...@facebook.com>
Subject Re: hive_hbase-handleer.jar
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:55:00 GMT
Under the source for hive/hbase-handler/lib, delete the hbase-0.20.3 jars there, replace them
with the jars matching your HBase version from CDH3, and then run ant package in hive.

JVS

On Aug 4, 2010, at 12:03 PM, Jinsong Hu wrote:

> Hi, There:
>  I took the latest code from the hive trunk and compiled it against cloudera CDH3 release
of hbase/hadoop. I was able to get to the step
> that I can create an external table successfully. but when I select * from the table,
the hive CLI console just hangs and nothing happens.
> I waited for a long time and it still goes that way. I wonder if anybody have gotten
hive_hbase-handleer.jar to work.
>  I understand that current hive_hbase-handleer.jar only works with hbase 0.20.3, I debugged
the code and there is only some simple
> change needed for it to compile against cloudera CDH3. I wonder if there is anything
I can do to figure out why the select * doesn't work.