hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From "Jinsong Hu" <jinsong...@hotmail.com>
Subject hive_hbase-handleer.jar
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:03:37 GMT
Hi, There:
  I took the latest code from the hive trunk and compiled it against cloudera CDH3 release
of hbase/hadoop. I was able to get to the step
that I can create an external table successfully. but when I select * from the table, the
hive CLI console just hangs and nothing happens.
I waited for a long time and it still goes that way. I wonder if anybody have gotten hive_hbase-handleer.jar
to work.
  I understand that current hive_hbase-handleer.jar only works with hbase 0.20.3, I debugged
the code and there is only some simple
change needed for it to compile against cloudera CDH3. I wonder if there is anything I can
do to figure out why the select * doesn't work.

Jimmy.