hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <renatoj.marroq...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Hive Usage
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 21:29:46 GMT
Hi, I am forwarding my original message into the dev list because I didn't
get any response from the user list.
Please any ideas are highly appreciated.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <renatoj.marroquin@gmail.com>
Date: 2010/7/15
Subject: Hive Usage
To: hive-user@hadoop.apache.org

Hi there I would like to know if there is anyone who has done some kind of
modelling on Hive, and is willing to share some experiences please.
Today is my first day with Hive, and I have several doubts regarding to the
modelling, if I would have to do a special modelling, or a regular DW one.ç
And another thing I wanted to know is if Hive already has the append option
enabled, because I know there is a hadoop branch with the append option
enabled and also a cloudera release does (I think it is the CHD3).
Please any kind of suggestion or opinions are highly appreciated.

Renato M.