hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From John Sichi <jsi...@facebook.com>
Subject Re: Notes from the last Hive Contributors Meeting
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:29:47 GMT

On Jul 15, 2010, at 1:32 PM, Edward Capriolo wrote:
> I can imagine in two years when we have possibly four releases and
> several version dependant features. The language manual is going to
> have multiple Caveats, that will be less clear.

We can do something like purge the ones more than three releases old.  Sun seems to keep their
@since tags forever.

> Also this is a fixable and anecdotal problem, but the wiki is slow. It
> feels like it has been that way for months now.

Writes have definitely remained super-slow.  Reopen this one?

All of the attachments in my [[Hive/ViewDev]] doc seem to have disappeared, with attachment
support now disabled :(

Maybe related to the fact that spammers were using the wiki to upload porn videos?  Sigh.

JVS