hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From "Pradeep Kamath" <prade...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject FW: Announcing Howl development list
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 19:46:31 GMT
FYI - howl is a project to create a shared metadata system between Pig,
Hive, and Map Reduce based on hive metastore - below is a mail from Alan
Gates on the pig dev list about it with pointers to a wiki and a mailing
list.

Pradeep

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Gates [mailto:gates@yahoo-inc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:04 AM
To: pig-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: Carl Steinbach; Dmitriy Ryaboy
Subject: Announcing Howl development list

A wiki page outlining Howl is at http://wiki.apache.org/pig/Howl

A howldev mailing list has been set up on Yahoo! groups for
discussions on Howl.  You can subscribe by sending mail to
howldev-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.  We plan on putting the code on github in a read only repository.
It will be a few more days before we get there.  It will be announced
on the list when it is.

Alan.