hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Steinbach <c...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: usage of Review Board
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 00:35:40 GMT
Hi John,

You mentioned to me offline last week about using Review Board for
> collaborative review of Hive issues, and I noticed that you started with one
> issue already (http://review.hbase.org/r/178/).  Once we've made sure it's
> working smoothly, it would be cool if everyone we can get everyone using
> this for uniformity.

Right, I was just testing this out to see if it works. I probably should
have sent a note out to the hive-dev list first.

> Is there a way to set Review Board up so that the infrastructure (or at
> least URL) is associated with Hive instead of HBase?

I asked Todd Lipcon about this and he said that he can probably set up a
vhost for Hive, but that will require an address, and it probably won't work
seamlessly, e.g. emails will likely still refer to hbase.org. He suggested
instead that we rename the server review.cloudera.com (which I don't think
folks will like), or hadoopreview.org (which won't cover TLPs), or
apachereview.org (which will probably cause problems with the ASF). Do you
have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Also, is there any chance that Facebook can host this server? We're
currently hosting it as an EC2 instance which is kind of expensive.

> HBase has a note on their wiki about the process they use:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/HowToContribute#Review_Process
>
> If we're going to institute usage of Review Board for Hive, let's document
> it here:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HowToContribute#Contributing_your_work

Sounds good to me. Should I got ahead and document it now or wait until we
get the domain name issue resolved?

Thanks.

Carl