hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From tom kersnick <hiveu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive support to cassandra
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 04:14:40 GMT
You are not being rude Jeff.  This is a request from the client due to ease
of use of Cassandra compared to Hbase.  I'm with you on this.  They are
looking for apples to apples consistency.  Easy migration of data from OLTP
(Cassandra) to their Data Warehouse (Cassandra?).  Apparently not.  Is it
possible to migrate from Cassandra to Hbase?  Any documentation on this type
of push to Hbase from Cassandra would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

/tom