hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From jaydeep vishwakarma <jaydeep.vishwaka...@mkhoj.com>
Subject Re: Vertical partitioning
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 07:00:09 GMT
Just looking opportunity and feasibility for it. In one of my table have more than 20 fields
where most of the time I need only 10 main fields. We rarely need other fields for day to
day analysis.

Regards,
Jaydeep

Ning Zhang wrote:

Hive support columnar storage (RCFile) but not vertical partitioning. Is there any use case
for vertical partitioning?