hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From Ning Zhang <nzh...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: Hive Develop problem for help
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 06:06:58 GMT
can you rerun the installation steps (starting from ant package) from http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/AdminManual/Installation

Ning
From: Zhou Shuaifeng [zhoushuaifeng@huawei.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 8:17 PM
To: hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: ac.pippo@huawei.com; zhzf1511@huawei.com
Subject: Re: Hive Develop problem for help

Hi Ning,

Thank you very much. There is still problems, details are below, please help
to check where the problem is, thanks a lot.

The runing service info:

linux-01:/opt/hadoop/db-derby-10.5.3.0-bin/data # jps
9133 HMaster
9072 HQuorumPeer
19910 NetworkServerControl
8699 SecondaryNameNode
8544 NameNode
8778 JobTracker
20016 Jps
19929 RunJar

The command and error info are below:

linux-01:/opt/hadoop/db-derby-10.5.3.0-bin/data # hive
Hive history file=/tmp/root/hive_job_log_root_201005271108_742407423.txt
hive> show tables;
FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOFatalInternalException: Error
creating transactional connection factory
NestedThrowables:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
hive>

The hive-site.xml settings are below:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<property>
  <name>hive.metastore.local</name>
  <value>true</value>
  <description>controls whether to connect to remove metastore server or
open a new metastore server in Hive Client JVM</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
  <value>jdbc:derby://2.1.37.110:1527/metastore_db;create=true</value>
  <description>JDBC connect string for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>
  <value>org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver</value>
  <description>Driver class name for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>
</configuration>

The logs are below:

2010-05-27 10:54:55,890 ERROR DataNucleus.Plugin
(Log4JLogger.java:error(115)) - Bundle "org.eclipse.jdt.core" requires "org.
eclipse.core.resources" but it cannot be resolved.
2010-05-27 10:54:55,890 ERROR DataNucleus.Plugin
(Log4JLogger.java:error(115)) - Bundle "org.eclipse.jdt.core" requires "org.
eclipse.core.resources" but it cannot be resolved.
2010-05-27 10:54:55,894 ERROR DataNucleus.Plugin
(Log4JLogger.java:error(115)) - Bundle "org.eclipse.jdt.core" requires "org.
eclipse.core.runtime" but it cannot be resolved.
2010-05-27 10:54:55,894 ERROR DataNucleus.Plugin
(Log4JLogger.java:error(115)) - Bundle "org.eclipse.jdt.core" requires "org.
eclipse.core.runtime" but it cannot be resolved.
2010-05-27 10:54:55,895 ERROR DataNucleus.Plugin
(Log4JLogger.java:error(115)) - Bundle "org.eclipse.jdt.core" requires "org.
eclipse.text" but it cannot be resolved.
2010-05-27 10:54:55,895 ERROR DataNucleus.Plugin
(Log4JLogger.java:error(115)) - Bundle "org.eclipse.jdt.core" requires "org.
eclipse.text" but it cannot be resolved.
2010-05-27 10:54:56,158 ERROR exec.DDLTask
(SessionState.java:printError(248)) - FAILED: Error in metadata:
javax.jdo.JDOFatalInternalException: Error creating transactional connection
factory
NestedThrowables:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
javax.jdo.JDOFatalInternalException: Error creating transactional connection
factory
NestedThrowables:
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getTablesForDb(Hive.java:441)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getTablesByPattern(Hive.java:423)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getAllTables(Hive.java:410)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.showTables(DDLTask.java:404)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.execute(DDLTask.java:159)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:99)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:64)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.launchTask(Driver.java:582)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:462)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.runCommand(Driver.java:324)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:312)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processCmd(CliDriver.java:123)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:181)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:287)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
Caused by: javax.jdo.JDOFatalInternalException: Error creating transactional
connection factory
NestedThrowables:
        at
org.datanucleus.jdo.NucleusJDOHelper.getJDOExceptionForNucleusException(Nucl
eusJDOHelper.java:395)
        at
org.datanucleus.jdo.JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.freezeConfiguration(JDOPers
istenceManagerFactory.java:547)
        at
org.datanucleus.jdo.JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.getPersistenceManagerFactor
y(JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.java:175)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at javax.jdo.JDOHelper$16.run(JDOHelper.java:1956)
        at javax.jdo.JDOHelper.invoke(JDOHelper.java:1951)
        at
javax.jdo.JDOHelper.invokeGetPersistenceManagerFactoryOnImplementation(JDOHe
lper.java:1159)
        at
javax.jdo.JDOHelper.getPersistenceManagerFactory(JDOHelper.java:803)
        at
javax.jdo.JDOHelper.getPersistenceManagerFactory(JDOHelper.java:698)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.getPMF(ObjectStore.java:161)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.getPersistenceManager(ObjectSto
re.java:178)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.initialize(ObjectStore.java:122
)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.setConf(ObjectStore.
java:101)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:62)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:117)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.getMS(HiveMetaStor
e.java:134)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.createDefaultDB(Hi
veMetaStore.java:150)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.init(HiveMetaStore
.java:122)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.<init>(HiveMetaSto
re.java:104)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.<init>(HiveMetaStoreCli
ent.java:75)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.createMetaStoreClient(Hive.java:828)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getMSC(Hive.java:838)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getTablesForDb(Hive.java:439)
        ... 18 more
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAcces
sorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstruc
torAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at
org.datanucleus.plugin.NonManagedPluginRegistry.createExecutableExtension(No
nManagedPluginRegistry.java:576)
        at
org.datanucleus.plugin.PluginManager.createExecutableExtension(PluginManager
.java:324)
        at
org.datanucleus.store.AbstractStoreManager.<init>(AbstractStoreManager.java:
190)
        at
org.datanucleus.store.mapped.MappedStoreManager.<init>(MappedStoreManager.ja
va:139)
        at
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager.<init>(RDBMSManager.java:265)
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAcces
sorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstruc
torAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at
org.datanucleus.plugin.NonManagedPluginRegistry.createExecutableExtension(No
nManagedPluginRegistry.java:576)
        at
org.datanucleus.plugin.PluginManager.createExecutableExtension(PluginManager
.java:300)
        at
org.datanucleus.store.FederationManager.initialiseStoreManager(FederationMan
ager.java:106)
        at org.datanucleus.store.FederationManager.<init>(FederationManager.
java:68)
        at
org.datanucleus.ObjectManagerFactoryImpl.initialiseStoreManager(ObjectManage
rFactoryImpl.java:152)
        at
org.datanucleus.jdo.JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.freezeConfiguration(JDOPers
istenceManagerFactory.java:529)
        ... 43 more
Caused by: org.datanucleus.exceptions.NucleusException: Attempt to invoke
the "default" plugin to create a ConnectionPool gave an error : Invalid
datastore driver class "org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver" : maybe you
havent specified the JDBC driver JAR in your CLASSPATH, or the name of the
class is incorrect.
        at
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.ConnectionFactoryImpl.initDataSourceTx(Connectio
nFactoryImpl.java:169)
        at
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.ConnectionFactoryImpl.<init>(ConnectionFactoryIm
pl.java:91)
        ... 62 more
Caused by: org.datanucleus.exceptions.NucleusUserException: Invalid
datastore driver class "org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver" : maybe you
havent specified the JDBC driver JAR in your CLASSPATH, or the name of the
class is incorrect.
        at
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.<init>(Driver
ManagerDataSource.java:99)
        at
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.datasource.DefaultDataSourceFactory.makePooledDa
taSource(DefaultDataSourceFactory.java:39)
        at
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.ConnectionFactoryImpl.initDataSourceTx(Connectio
nFactoryImpl.java:148)
        ... 63 more
Caused by: org.datanucleus.exceptions.ClassNotResolvedException: Class "org.
apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver" was not found in the CLASSPATH. Please check
your specification and your CLASSPATH.
        at
org.datanucleus.JDOClassLoaderResolver.classForName(JDOClassLoaderResolver.j
ava:250)
        at
org.datanucleus.JDOClassLoaderResolver.classForName(JDOClassLoaderResolver.j
ava:415)
        at
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.<init>(Driver
ManagerDataSource.java:87)
        ... 65 more

Shuaifeng(Frank) Zhou
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Tel: +86-29-81873251
Fax: +86-29-81873238
Mobile: +86-13572288349
E-mail: zhoushuaifeng@huawei.com
www.huawei.com
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction,
or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is