hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From wuxy <w...@huawei.com>
Subject Questions: what Hive&M/R will do when exception happens in client-side//
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 06:29:40 GMT
Hi, all

Can some one help me to clarify following questions, thansk.
1. when I use JDBC api to commit a query to hive, in case the connection to
hive is down, whether Hive will cacel the query task  (and the job it commit
to Hadoop)? I think it will cacel the task, but I want someone can
confirm/clarify this for me, thanks!
2. For Hadoop, a simliar question is, what will happen if the application
which use M/R API stop working(maybe poweroff)  when m/r job still running.
what's Hadoop's behavior when this happens. thanks!

Steven.