hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Bennie Schut (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Created: (HIVE-1138) Hive using lzo comporession returns unexpected results.
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 10:58:29 GMT
Hive using lzo comporession returns unexpected results.
-------------------------------------------------------

                 Key: HIVE-1138
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-1138
             Project: Hadoop Hive
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: Query Processor
    Affects Versions: 0.6.0
         Environment: hadoop 0.20.1, hive trunk 2010-02-03
            Reporter: Bennie Schut
            Priority: Blocker


I have a tab separated files I have loaded it with "load data inpath" then I do a

SET hive.exec.compress.output=true;
SET mapred.output.compression.codec=com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzoCodec;
SET mapred.map.output.compression.codec=com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzoCodec;
select distinct login_cldr_id as cldr_id from chatsessions_load;

Ended Job = job_201001151039_1641
OK
NULL
NULL
NULL
Time taken: 49.06 seconds

however if I start it without the set commands I get this:
Ended Job = job_201001151039_1642
OK
2283
Time taken: 45.308 seconds

Which is the correct result.

When I do a "insert overwrite" on a rcfile table it will actually compress the data correctly.
When I disable compression and query this new table the result is correct.
When I enable compression it's wrong again.
I see no errors in the logs.


-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message