hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Zheng Shao (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Resolved: (HIVE-1076) CreateTime is reset to 0 when a partition is overwritten
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 05:04:54 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-1076?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Zheng Shao resolved HIVE-1076.
------------------------------

       Resolution: Fixed
    Fix Version/s: 0.6.0
                   0.5.0
     Release Note: HIVE-1076. Keep CreateTime when a partition is overwritten. (Paul Yang
via zshao)

Committed to trunk and branch-0.5. Thanks Paul!

> CreateTime is reset to 0 when a partition is overwritten
> --------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HIVE-1076
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-1076
>             Project: Hadoop Hive
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: Zheng Shao
>            Assignee: Paul Yang
>             Fix For: 0.5.0, 0.6.0
>
>         Attachments: HIVE-1076.1.patch
>
>
> Hive should keep "CreateTime" when a partition is overwritten. The "CreateTime" should
be the first time the partition is created.
> {code}
> hive> describe extended zshao_ttp;
> OK
> d       string
> ds      string
> Detailed Table Information      Table(tableName:zshao_ttp, dbName:default, owner:zshao,
createTime:1264027720, 
> lastAccessTime:0, retention:0, sd:StorageDescriptor(cols:[FieldSchema(name:d, type:string,
comment:null)], 
> location:hdfs://hdfs:9000/user/hive/zshao_ttp, inputFormat:org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SequenceFileInputFormat,

> outputFormat:org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveSequenceFileOutputFormat, compressed:false,
numBuckets:-1, 
> serdeInfo:SerDeInfo(name:null, serializationLib:org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe,
parameters:
> {serialization.format=1}), bucketCols:[], sortCols:[], parameters:{}), partitionKeys:[FieldSchema(name:ds,
type:string, 
> comment:null)], parameters:{transient_lastDdlTime=1264027720})
> Time taken: 3.062 seconds
> hive> describe extended zshao_ttp partition(ds='2010-01-01');
> OK
> d       string
> ds      string
> Detailed Partition Information  Partition(values:[2010-01-01], dbName:default, tableName:zshao_ttp,
createTime:1264027788, 
> lastAccessTime:0, sd:StorageDescriptor(cols:[FieldSchema(name:d, type:string, comment:null)],
location:hdfs://hdfs:9000
> /user/hive/zshao_ttp/ds=2010-01-01, inputFormat:org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SequenceFileInputFormat,

> outputFormat:org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveSequenceFileOutputFormat, compressed:false,
numBuckets:-1, 
> serdeInfo:SerDeInfo(name:null, serializationLib:org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe,
parameters:
> {serialization.format=1}), bucketCols:[], sortCols:[], parameters:{}), parameters:{transient_lastDdlTime=1264027788})
> Time taken: 0.436 seconds
> hive> insert overwrite table zshao_ttp partition (ds='2010-01-01') select d from zshao_ttp
where ds = '2010-01-01';
> Total MapReduce jobs = 2
> Launching Job 1 out of 2
> Number of reduce tasks is set to 0 since there's no reduce operator
> Starting Job = job_200912262300_1111, Tracking URL = http://jobtracker:50030/jobdetails.jsp?jobid=job_200912262300_1111
> Kill Command = hadoop/bin/../bin/hadoop job  -Dmapred.job.tracker=jobtracker:50029 -kill
job_200912262300_1111
> 2010-01-20 15:04:15,272 Stage-1 map = 0%,  reduce = 0%
> 2010-01-20 15:05:16,895 Stage-1 map = 0%,  reduce = 0%
> 2010-01-20 15:06:16,768 Stage-1 map = 100%,  reduce = 0%
> 2010-01-20 15:06:43,929 Stage-1 map = 100%,  reduce = 100%
> Ended Job = job_200912262300_1111
> Launching Job 2 out of 2
> Moving data to: hdfs://hdfs:9000/tmp/hive-zshao/262641680/10000
> Loading data to table zshao_ttp partition {ds=2010-01-01}
> Moved to trash: /user/hive/zshao_ttp/ds=2010-01-01
> 2 Rows loaded to zshao_ttp
> OK
> Time taken: 187.049 seconds
> hive> describe extended zshao_ttp partition(ds='2010-01-01');
> OK
> d       string
> ds      string
> Detailed Partition Information  Partition(values:[2010-01-01], dbName:default, tableName:zshao_ttp,
createTime:0, 
> lastAccessTime:0, sd:StorageDescriptor(cols:[FieldSchema(name:d, type:string, comment:null)],
location:hdfs://hdfs:9000
> /user/hive/zshao_ttp/ds=2010-01-01, inputFormat:org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SequenceFileInputFormat,

> outputFormat:org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveSequenceFileOutputFormat, compressed:false,
numBuckets:-1, 
> serdeInfo:SerDeInfo(name:null, serializationLib:org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe,
parameters:
> {serialization.format=1}), bucketCols:[], sortCols:[], parameters:{}), parameters:
> {lastQueryTime=1264028626290,archiveFlag=false,transient_lastDdlTime=1264028626})
> Time taken: 0.283 seconds
> {code}

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message