hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From "Kuo, John" <j...@edmunds.com>
Subject Re: HIVE ODBC and MicroStrategy
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:36:51 GMT
Got it to work.  Thanks for your help.

John

On Dec 15, 2009, at 4:21 PM, Ning Zhang wrote:

> Hive doesn't support authentication yet. As long as you can read/write HDFS files, you
will be able to run Hive queries.

> Thanks,
> Ning
>
> On Dec 15, 2009, at 3:57 PM, Kuo, John wrote:
>
>> Thanks so much for your response.
>>
>> Hive server is running, and I have the following in ODBC.sh:
>>
>> HIVE_DRIVER_PATH='/usr/local/lib'
>> mstr_append_path LD_LIBRARY_PATH "${HIVE_DRIVER_PATH:?}"
>> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>

>> Is there any special setting for Database Instance?  It requires a database login
object, but I don't remember HIVE needing a username/password.  What should I put there?

>> Thanks again for your help.
>>
>> John

Hat Linux Enterprise 64bit.  I read that there has been some success in getting this combination
to work.  I wonder if anyone can help me.

>>> I have so far been able to compile the 32-bit version of HIVE ODBC driver as
required by MicroStrategy.  However, when I test it, it gave the error of "Unknown failed.
Unable to connect. Error type: System call error. Error communicating with connection process.
Find target process dead while waiting for reply."

>>> I'm not sure if there's specific way of setting up the ODBC.ini.  Here's my entry
following the wiki page:

>>> [Hive]
>>> Driver=/usr/local/lib/libodbchive.so
>>> Description=Hive Driver v1
>>> DATABASE=default
>>> HOST=localhost
>>> PORT=10000