hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From "Kuo, John" <j...@edmunds.com>
Subject HIVE ODBC and MicroStrategy
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 02:04:52 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to set up HIVE ODBC driver to work with MicroStrategy 8.1.2 on Red Hat Linux Enterprise
64bit.  I read that there has been some success in getting this combination to work.  I wonder
if anyone can help me.

I have so far been able to compile the 32-bit version of HIVE ODBC driver as required by MicroStrategy.
 However, when I test it, it gave the error of "Unknown failed. Unable to connect. Error type:
System call error. Error communicating with connection process. Find target process dead while
waiting for reply."

I'm not sure if there's specific way of setting up the ODBC.ini.  Here's my entry following
the wiki page:

[Hive]
Driver=/usr/local/lib/libodbchive.so
Description=Hive Driver v1