hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From Ning Zhang <nzh...@facebook.com>
Subject Re: HIVE ODBC and MicroStrategy
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 02:10:57 GMT
Have you started the Hive server on your localhost? Also please make sure /usr/local/lib is
in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Ning

On Dec 14, 2009, at 6:04 PM, Kuo, John wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up HIVE ODBC driver to work with MicroStrategy 8.1.2 on Red Hat Linux
Enterprise 64bit.  I read that there has been some success in getting this combination to
work.  I wonder if anyone can help me.

> I have so far been able to compile the 32-bit version of HIVE ODBC driver as required
by MicroStrategy.  However, when I test it, it gave the error of "Unknown failed. Unable to
connect. Error type: System call error. Error communicating with connection process. Find
target process dead while waiting for reply."