hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: vote for a release candidate
Date Sat, 12 Sep 2009 22:44:44 GMT
Hi Namit,
Yes, we have customers who are using LOAD INTO without OVERWRITE. The use
case is for collecting session data into a table partitioned by the hour of
session start time. Since sessions are of varying lengths, incremental loads
are necessary as sessions finish up.

There are a couple of possible workarounds, but all of them have drawbacks.

-Todd