hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can RCFile* be also exported as a hadoop contrib project?
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 22:17:49 GMT
Joydeep,

If i understand you correctly I think the format would useful. In
particular it might be nice to able to access the underlying hive data
directly from a M/R job.

Edward

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Joydeep Sen Sarma<jssarma@facebook.com> wrote:
> Is this columnar format reusable by other folks?
>
> Is it possible to demonstrate the use (in case of simple delimited text data) by writing
a configurable inputformat on top of this that can project out the configured columns?

> The reason I am asking is that there is some parallel work going on in yahoo/pig on columnar
format and no one's aware of this format - whereas it should be usable by other people (and
not just Hive).