hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with UDF
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 20:16:26 GMT
I also had a crazy UDF idea but I see it currently can not be done.

UDFReflect( 'com.company.class', 'methodname', 'arg1', 'arg2', 'arg3' )

I was trying to define the udf like so

evaluate ( Text, a Text b, Writable... list)

Hive does not know how to map the Writable array. Do you guys see what
I am trying to do? Make a generic UDF. Maybe UDFJavaBean. This is
probably over generic but it might be useful to be able to pass an
array type to a UDF.

Still no luck with my UDF, it only works in local mode. I have noticed
a few Jira's open on UDF's I will try the latest trunk with any
patches and see what I get.