hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From Dhruba Borthakur <dhr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Warehouse 'symlinks'
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2009 07:19:51 GMT
HADOOP-4044 is scheduled to finally make it to 0.21 release. And 0.21 is
still a while away.

That said, if one imports a data-set (set of files, or directory) into a
warehouse, isn't it safer to move that dataset into the warehouse itself
rather than letting it sit outside. For one thing, the target of the symlink
might not be accessible to all hadoop slave nodes.

-dhruba