hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From Zheng Shao <zsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TIMESTAMP type
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2009 05:39:58 GMT
HI Shyam,

Conforming to the standard (like the MySQL 6.0 TIMESTAMP specification) is
definitely the ultimate goal we want to achieve.
Go ahead with the design and let us know when you have something ready for
review.

My previous point was basically that it might be much easier to add support
for TIMESTAMP using UDFs. Of course that is more like a short-term plan.
In the longer term we definitely need something like what you suggested.

Zheng

--
Yours,
Zheng