hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From Shyam Sarkar <shyam_sar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: TIMESTAMP type
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2009 04:30:15 GMT

Hi Zheng,

>From my earlier discussion with the group I got the suggestion that we should implement
MySQL 6.0 TIMESTAMP specifications::

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/6.0/en/timestamp.html

Please suggest if all the properties described for MySQL 6.0 can be
done by UDF or not.

Are you suggesting that UDF should be explicitely called all the time
to decode TIMESTAMP string? This may require may different UDFs to be
defined and called. Also this may be non-standard way to implement TIMESTAMP.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
SHyam