hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish Thusoo <athu...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: Server time zone !
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 23:30:05 GMT
You could just use the

java.util.TimeZone

to get the current timezone.

Ashish

-----Original Message-----
From: Zheng Shao [mailto:zshao9@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 2:31 PM
To: hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org; shyam_sarkar@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Server time zone !

Not yet. I think JVM take the environment variable TZ for that purpose for all java-related
functions.

In build-common.xml you should find the following:
<env key="TZ" value="US/Pacific"/>

This makes sure all current UDFs related to time/date are using the US/Pacific time zone.
(Note: all these UDFs are operating on String and Integer types right now)

Zheng

--
Yours,
Zheng