hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu>
Subject Re: Hudson nightly builds setup
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:42:10 GMT
I have more experience with Cobertura and it seems Hadoop is having some
issues with Clover:
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Hadoop-trunk/750/testReport/org.apache.hadoop.hdfsproxy/TestHdfsProxy/_init_/

Since Cobertura is free people can install and use it locally on their
machines, could be good if someone wants to improve the test coverage.

So my vote would go to Cobertura, but I don't feel very strongly either way.

/Johan

Ashish Thusoo wrote:
> Cool... Thanks for setting this up.
>
> Will try to get the two failures fixed today so that we have a clean build for these.
>
> Regarding the coverage tool the Cobertura license seems very convoluted though from what
is presented on their site it seems safe to use. We could get a free clover license and side
step all these issues.

> Thoughts?
>
> Ashish

at Last.fm, works fine, not sure if it would mean any licensing issues to use in Hive. Hadoop
uses Clover, don't know much about it.