hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From Zheng Shao <zsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server time zone !
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:31:29 GMT
Not yet. I think JVM take the environment variable TZ for that purpose for
all java-related functions.

In build-common.xml you should find the following:
<env key="TZ" value="US/Pacific"/>

This makes sure all current UDFs related to time/date are using the
US/Pacific time zone. (Note: all these UDFs are operating on String and
Integer types right now)

Zheng

--
Yours,