hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish Thusoo <athu...@facebook.com>
Subject Getting ready to branch out Hive
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 23:19:09 GMT
Folks,

In order to start getting ready for a release, we need to first start by branching Hive. We
had some internal discussion on this and we thought that doing date based branching is the
best thing to do. Accordingly, the proposal is to branch out on the last Wednesday of every
month (so for this month it will be the 28th of Jan.) We should try to get as many bug fixes
as possible into trunk before we branch. Once the branch is done, only blocker and critical
bugs can be checked into the branch. Any other features will just go into trunk and will be
picked up for the next branch.

So the date for this month is 28th Jan....

Ashish