hadoop-hive-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Hammerbacher" <ham...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Cutting releases from hive
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:51:07 GMT
Hey,
Here's another thought: the HBase team initially used their own version
numbers, but eventually started naming versions of HBase after Hadoop
versions. It might be worth understanding why they did so, and perhaps
adopting the same policy for Hive. Notably, Zookeeper and Pig do not follow
this convention.

Later,
Jeff